How can the Consumer Helpline help you?
The Consumer Helpline can help you with problems with goods and services. The helpline adviser can:
- give you practical and impartial advice on how to resolve your consumer problem
- tell you the law which applies to your situation
- pass information about complaints on to Trading Standards (you can’t do this yourself)
They can also help you work out if something is a scam.
Please note that the Consumer Helpline does not offer face to face advice. The Consumer Helpline is based in several regional call centres which are not open to the public.
Call 0808 223 1133 (calls from landlines and mobiles are free)
Relay UK 18001 then 0808 223 1133
Lines are open Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm. Closed on bank holidays
An adviser will usually answer your call within a few minutes. Once you are speaking with an adviser your call should take an average of 8-10 minutes.
Read the online advice at https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/
Use this link https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/consumer/get-more-help/if-you-need-more-help-about-a-consumer-issue/ to speak to an adviser over Web Chat or use an online form to get in touch by email.
There are three online forms to choose from:
- energy – the supply of gas or electricity
- post – an item of mail you have sent or received
- any other consumer issue