Disability Solutions West Midlands is a Stoke-on-Trent based charity, which is run by people with disabilities for the benefit of people with disabilities.
Who we support:
• Adults, children and young people with disabilities
• Adults, children and young people with life-affecting health conditions
• Families which include an adult, child or young person who has a disability or life-affecting health condition
• People who provide care and support for a person who has a disability or life-affecting health condition.
What we aim to do:
We want people with disabilities or life-affecting health conditions
• To be able to achieve the best possible quality of life
• To gain the skills and knowledge to make their own decisions about things which may affect their quality of life
• To be able to be a part of their community and not be disadvantaged for reasons of their disability.
What we offer:
• Welfare benefits service.
Support to access disability-related welfare benefits.
• DisAbility Connect
One-to-one support to access activities and services that could improve quality of life.
• Macmillan Cancer Welfare Benefits
Support for people who are living with cancer to access welfare benefits
• Welfare Benefits Support and Advice
Telephone advice service for everyday living issues.