Parent and Carer Support
Summit Psychology Service’s work is systemic and child-focused. It is a based on collaborative partnerships with schools, social care, parents and carers to mediate adverse experiences, support inclusion, and to meet relational care needs.
Through consultation, we provide bespoke, child-focused support for schools and families where behaviour is communicating a need and possibly inhibiting inclusion in school and the wider community.
We currently offer:
• Family sessions
• Home or school observations (includes detailed feedback regarding applying in practice and amending strategies tailored to specific needs)
• Support for school staff; sharing knowledge and applied practice
• Support for SEND staff; early intervention, inclusion, onward referrals, Team Around the Family, Child in Need, and Child Protection meetings
• Tailored workshops to share and develop knowledge
• Delivery of the 6-week Healing Together program (groups of up to 6 children)
We also offer one to one support for foster carers and adoptive parents with our specialist psychologists who have extensive knowledge and skills in attachment, relational care needs, and traumatic experiences. These sessions can be requested following referral from social care or adoption support and are face to face. Support sessions are offered in our confidential and welcoming therapy rooms at our base in Newcastle-Under-Lyme.
Please contact us to discuss your needs.