At Restoration Shack, we have developed a creative space where we make new furniture, restore vintage gems, and upcycle wooden furniture, all produced in an ethical way.
We offer volunteer and training opportunities that supports vulnerable adults on their journey of change. These opportunities help to provide routine, purpose and structure, and help to build confidence, resilience and self-esteem through the activities within our workshop.
We aim to:
- provide a creative hub: offering placement and training opportunities for vulnerable adults
- make a positive impact on mental health: develop personal, practical and employability skills that help to build confidence, self-esteem and self-worth
- create routine: for those who need structure and purpose or for those feeling lonely and isolated
- provide peer mentoring opportunities: where individuals with lived experience can help those on a similar journey
- provide support and signposting: to address individual issues that help to eliminate stress and anxiety
- social inclusion activities: engaging local residents in volunteering opportunities